Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Let it snow!

Last week, Dallas got hit big with about 6 inches of snow! Now, if you know me well, you know that I don't love snow. I live in Dallas for a reason, people!! However, this was the first snow that Samuel was actually old enough to play in so we bundled up and went out. First let me say that I was not at all prepared to outfit my child in snow gear. Although you can't see in this picture, he has on rain boots and knit mittens because that is all we have! Poor thing..



This is where it all went south, and quick! Samuel face-planted in to the snow and his mittens got wet. Samuel doesn't like his hands to be dirty or wet...so the mittens came off. Surprisingly, his hands were hot the whole time we were outside.






Let me explain this picture. He face-planted again. And instead of being the responsible mommy and swooping him up and out of the cold snow, I sat down and took pictures. I felt horrible but had to! It was just too cute.




He looks asleep in this picture but I promise he was having fun!!





After the freezing snow fest, we came in for a snack and a nap..thank goodness! He was a happy camper. Wouldn't you be if you had goldfish and your favorite Thomas pj's on?





Finally, after a LOOOONNNNGGGG day of being snowed in, daddy came home. So, I had a great idea: daddy and Samuel bundle up and go play, and mommy go upstairs ALONE and take a long shower! Perfect ending to a fun day!


















2 comments:

Jessica Harriman said...

He is getting so big! I haven't heard if Brad is doing his annual Dallas trip, but I hope so! We would love to hang out!

Laura said...

Hi, Ashley! Thanks for stopping by my blog today and the heads up about the new Aveda products! I had no idea, but I'll be checking it out real soon!

Samuel is oh-so cute! I hope you have a great weekend! Stay warm!!