Tuesday, January 12, 2010

8 months and feelin' great...well..not so much!

Samuel is 8 months old today...and I can't believe it! Time is flying by and I absolutely love every minute with my big boy. Crazy to think that in 4 months we will be having a big, ole' party! He woke up this morning with 2 white lines on the upper gums so he's been a little out of sorts today. He has a really runny nose with a drool rash all along his lips. Poor little boy! I expect to see two pearly whites within the next day or two.

Samuel has changed a lot in just one month. He seems like such a toddler now...even though I know he isn't. Here are some things about our little 8 month old that I want to remember:

  • He is wearing size 2-3 diaper and size 9-12 month clothes
  • He is very ticklish...especially under his chin
  • He drinks 4 bottles a day, each 6-7 ounces
  • He eats three solid meals with one snack a day. He actually likes everything now..even the greens and the weird combos like turkey/rice and chicken/apples.
  • He can pick up puffs/yogurt melts with his two fingers and surprisingly put it in his mouth
  • He sleeps from 7pm-7 or 7:30am every day and naps from roughly 9-10:30 am and 1:30-3:30 pm
  • He has been attending the childcare at the gym and seems to be doing well without mommy
  • He is getting up on all fours from tummy time but only rocks a little and then falls back down. The boy loves his tummy so I don't think he is in huge rush to crawl
  • He can stand on his own at the ottoman or the leapfrog toy
  • He favorite toys are his "links", his octopus, and Scout the dog. He is starting to really enjoy his basketball hoop as well
  • He still LOVES bath time but hates to lay down while I wash him. He will just kick his legs like crazy and soak me until I give in and sit him up
  • He loves his paci and I pretty much give it to him whenever he wants it. I'll pay the price later
  • He screams at the top of his lungs ALOT
  • He still isn't babbling at all..only screaming and cooing. I practice "mommy" with him all day but he just stares at me and then screams
  • He laughs really hard when you blow on his belly or throw him up in the air
  • He flirts with people all of the time. He does this especially at restaurants when the wait staff comes around.
  • He is fascinated with the hair dryer. This works out great because he just stares at me while I dry my hair. I hope this stage lasts a while
  • He still loves Praise Baby...in fact..we now own 5 videos
  • He smiles really big when daddy starts chanting "Husker Power" or "Go Big Red"





What a precious boy God has blessed us with. I try not to take one second for granted with him and I want to soak in every moment. Happy 8 months Samuel...love you to the moon and back...times 100!









2 comments:

Meredith said...

Such a sweet boy! Please make sure to balance out Thad's Nebraska indoctrination by teaching Samuel to say "Woooo Pig Sooie!"

dawnandjarrod said...

Samuel's hair is so blonde and cute. He is looking a lot older than the last time I saw him. Must be all of that good eatin'.