Monday, March 15, 2010

10 Months

Samuel turned 10 months old on March 12th. I honestly cannot believe he is so close to being a year old. Part of me wants to cry that he is growing up, but then the other part is so thankful that he is the healthy, little rough and tumble guy he is...and that he's growing and changing just as he should. This month has been a bit challenging. Samuel is on the move and just wants to be independent and go, go, go. Other than crawling, I think the biggest change has been that he isn't the "easy" baby he has been for so long. Don't get me wrong, he's SO happy and loves to get out and be active but woo wee..life has gotten a little more challenging as a stay at home mommy! His naps have just "stunk" lately and he's been waking a little at night again. He also has decided that 6 am is when he's ready to start the day! Exhausting!! I'm just trying to embrace this time and know that in 18 years I will probably be crying to have these days back.


Here are some things I want to remember about Samuel at this age:
  • wears size 3 diapers and size 4 nighttime diapers
  • wears some 6-12 month clothes but mostly 12-18
  • weighs 20lbs 15oz
  • has 5 teeth with #6 on the way; 3 on top and 2 on bottom
  • drinks 3 bottles a day and eats 3 solid meals with snacks
  • favorite snacks are Goldfish, Mum Mums, Yogurt Melts and Animal Crackers
  • still eating baby food but will also eat table food if I offer it to him
  • drinks from a sippy cup at all meals but still gets his milk in a bottle
  • LOVES bath time but gets so fussy when it's time to get out
  • stands in crib and pounds on the side or plays with his Ocean Wonders machine
  • loves all of this toys including the balls, ride-on toys, stack and surprise blocks BUT MOST OF ALL...the dog's toys:)
  • rolls and squirms on his changing table and throws a complete MELTDOWN when it's time to change diaper or clothes. For this reason, I usually just change him on the floor
  • loves to play with my necklace or earrings
  • can crawl fast and can pull up
  • loves to stand and I honestly think he will be walking by a year old
  • likes the swing at the park and will stay in it as long as I let him
  • likes to ride in the jogging stroller
  • starting to babble; says the "s" sound a lot
  • smiles ALL of the time..even when no one is looking at him
  • pretty much has no interest in anything on tv anymore..not even Praise Baby:(
  • sleeping from about 6:30pm-6 or 7

That's about all I can think of for now! My little boy is growing up..and I love every single minute!

On Saturday, the weather was perfect so we decided to go to lunch and hit the park. Like I said earlier, S loves the swings and also enjoyed looking at the ducks.







Samuel and I went to Arkansas last week to see my family and I will post on that another day..but here is a super cute pic of my handsome man!! I absolutely love his white hair!!








1 comment:

Miranda said...

Ranger has gone through his bad sleeping stages too...he always works through them, but I know how exhausting it can be while it's happening!