Wednesday, August 25, 2010

15 months..a little late

Here is Samuel this time last year...he turned 3 months old and our lives got SO much easier!!

Samuel Cade...NOW!!! Such a big boy!

-You are now 15 months old! Where has the time gone? It seems like yesterday that you were my tiny little baby. I remember laying you on the bed to watch Praise Baby while I would shower, holding you for hours at at time and being able to actually get pictures of your face! Fast forward 1 year later...and WOW!! You are so busy and I love it.
-You now are going everywhere and getting into everything. I honestly cannot do anything without you getting into something that you aren't supposed to. You love to play with toilet paper, tupperware, the phone, the remote controls, etc.
-You aren't really eating as well as you used to. You have become quite the picky little eater. You still enjoy grilled cheese, cinnamon toast, regular toast with butter, apples, grapes, strawberries, carrots, broccoli with cheese, chicken nuggets, french fries, cheese quesadilla, cheese dip, cheese slices, etc. Are you seeing the trend here??? You LOVE cheese! You still only drink water and milk because that's all that mommy offers you:((
-I have learned that you love to be on the go! I have days where I would love to stay home all day, but you just won't have it. You are so fussy when we have days like this so I usually plan something for everyday. You are great at the gym and now walk away when I drop you off. You are still pretty good in the stroller if you have a lot to look at. We go to the grocery store often and you always NEED a balloon. So funny!
-You love to look at books and we do this before every nap and bedtime. Your favorites are the "Things that Go" books that have trucks, cars, boats, etc. You love to look at animals but only make the Elephant sound. We hear you through the monitor some mornings making the elephant sound. Pretty much every animal makes this sound!
-You now give hugs and kisses when we ask for them. I LOVE THIS!
-You love to be tickled until you are sweaty all over and your hair is soaked.
-You are growing fast and transitioning into 18-24 month clothes and size 5 shoe.
-You are still taking 2 naps a day. I thought you were ready to move to 1 nap but I was wrong. You are definitely a boy who needs his sleep and I'm fine with that. If we need to do some things during the day in the morning, you can roll with 1 nap but your little body still prefers 2. We will see how long this lasts. You start school in 1 week so this might all be changing soon!
-You still don't say many words: daddy, dada, mama, tata(truck) and dadada which means every thing else. You point to everything and want to know what it is.
-You are really into the tantrum phase..and I hate it! I'm reading books on discipline and think that isolation and time out will work best for these. Updates to come soon on how that works out. You HATE to have your nails clipped, lotion put on, diaper changed, etc. You also throw yourself on the ground and beat the ground with your fist when we say "no", take a toy away, or when you are caught playing in the dog bowl. Ahhh, my strong willed child! Unfortunately for you, I'm a tough cookie, and I usually just laugh..on the inside of course!
Samuel, you are an absolute joy to my life and my world is so much better with you in it. I love everything about you and your little personality. You are the best sidekick I could ever ask for. Looking forward to watching you grow...but not too fast ok?

No comments: